Shropshire Made Spun Iron 10” Campfire Pan
A beautiful hand spun 10 inch iron pan with an extra-long handle perfect for cooking outdoors on campfires, fire pits and fire bowls.
The 75cm handle allows you to cook on a campfire without having to hunch over or get too close to the fire.
This pan is pre-seasoned with flax oil for a natural non-stick finish which means it's ready for immediate use. No chemicals or PTFE are used in the coating process.
Thoughtfully designed with a detachable British oak handle which once removed allows you to use your pan on your Bell Tent Stove or at home on a range of domestic stoves.
Why choose a pre-seasoned pan?
- No chemicals or PTFE are used in the coating of the pan
- The edible Sussex flax oil coating is easy to wash & naturally non-stick. It is ready for immediate use
- Coating can be simply restored at home, time after time
- Iron pans are tough and can be used at very high temperatures
- This iron pan is suitable for all types of hobs, grills and ovens. Perfect for induction
- Iron is a pure, simple metal which is easy to look after & very recyclable
- Spun iron pans are the king of spreading the heat evenly across its surface while cooking and retaining heat long after being on the fire
- Serious cooks and professional chefs love the way that black iron pans heat evenly and give great cooking performance
- The more you use your pan the better it gets as the seasoned patina develops
A couple of handy tips
- If you are cooking meat or fish, oil the food, not the pan.
- Be patient and allow the food to cook before trying to turn it over.
- Don't fry food straight from the fridge, allow it to come up to room temperature.
- The pan bodies are spun by hand, so each one is slightly different. They will not all be as flat as a billiard table.
- If you do want to keep it as flat as you can, then follow these simple guidelines.
- Every time you use the pan, heat it SLOWLY to frying temperature, then you can use full power.
- This is especially important if you are using powerful cooking hobs such as induction.
- Use a hob the same size as the pan base, small rings WILL warp big pans.
- Never drop a hot pan into cold water. This will buckle it.
- If your pan has oak handles, the grain on every piece is unique and each one is branded by hand. They are like fingerprints, no two are identical.
- Love your pan and follow our instructions for re-seasoning. Oven seasoning is kinder to the pan than hob top seasoning and it also give a nicer looking finish. We suggest that you only use hob top seasoning, if your oven is too small for your pan or you are re-seasoning your wok.
- Your pan will develop with use and, if cared for, will age beautifully and be a friend for life.